Leave of Absence
Michaels offers various types of leave.
Need to Request a Leave of Absence?
- Request a LOA if you are going to be absent from work because of a personal, medical or other reason for more than five consecutive working days.
- For more information, contact Team Member Services.
- Read about Your Rights and Responsibilities under the Family Medical Leave Act.
- To apply for a leave of absence, call Matrix at 1-888-288-1354. Be ready to provide your personal, job illness/injury and provider information.
- For more information review the Leave of Absence Guide.
- Here’s how to report intermittent time off from work relating to your leave.
- Here’s how to access your benefits and enroll while on leave of absence.
Michaels Parental Leave
all U.S. full-time exempt Team Members are eligible for Paid Parental Leave (PPL) to support families after the birth, adoption, surrogacy or legal placement of a child. The policy covers birthing mothers and all eligible non-birthing parents, including dads and domestic partners as well. Learn more here.