Wellness ProgramsGood health improves virtually every aspect of our personal and professional lives, and that’s good for you and for Michaels.
Our wellness program focuses on more than just your physical health: it challenges you to be mentally, emotionally and financially healthy, too. Whether your goal is to lose weight, be more proactive with your health, eat healthier, or save more, we’ve got you covered.
Completing Your Wellness Requirement
To avoid a surcharge beginning August 2024, you and your spouse/domestic partner must complete an annual physical by June 30, 2024.
If you and your spouse/domestic partner are enrolled in a Michaels full-time medical plan, you each need to complete an annual physical between July 1, 2023 and June 30, 2024 to avoid paying a $25 per paycheck ($650 for the year) surcharge per person on your medical premiums beginning August 2024.
In order to fulfill the wellness requirement, BCBSTX-enrolled Team Members can complete an annual physical exam one of two ways:
- with your primary care physician, or
- via a no-cost Catapult Health VirtualCheckup® (find more information about this option in the section below)
That is it! No form is required.
Accessing Your Wellness Information & Exam Completion Status
Once your claim is processed, BCBSTX will update your completion status in the Well onTarget section of the BlueAccess for Members portal. In the portal, you can also access other historical data about your participation in the wellness program. Follow the links below for step-by-step instructions on how to access this information.
For Kaiser-Enrolled Team Members (CA ONLY):
- Schedule a preventive exam with your Primary Care Physician (PCP).
- Download the Annual Physical Form (English | Spanish) and take it to your appointment.
- Upload the completed form to the US Wellness website by June 30, 2024. You can upload via any online browser, tablet or mobile device.
- Receipt of your form will be confirmed within two (2) business days to the email address provided at the time of upload.
No-Cost Catapult Health VirtualCheckup®
If you are enrolled in a BCBSTX medical plan, Michaels provides a convenient annual checkup at no cost to you using the Catapult Health VirtualCheckup® Home Kit.
- All covered employees and covered spouses can each register for a Home Kit.
- Getting a FREE preventive health checkup has never been easier, and a Catapult virtual exam counts toward your wellness requirement!
- Once you complete your Home Kit, you will review your results with a board-certified Nurse Practitioner via a virtual consultation and develop a personal action plan.
- The cost of your VirtualCheckup® is covered 100% by Michaels.
If you and/or your spouse/domestic partner use tobacco, including e-cigarettes and non-nicotine vaporizers, $25 per paycheck ($650 for the year) will be added to your medical premiums beginning in July.
- To be considered tobacco-free, you can’t use tobacco products for at least six (6) months.
- You can only change your tobacco-free status during Open Enrollment.