Michaels Vaccine Reporting System
In order to comply with New York City law, Michaels is implementing a Vaccine Reporting System for the COVID-19 Vaccination.
What Does This Mean For You?
Effective immediately, all full-time and part-time Team Members, including those who are seasonal, who work in the 5 boroughs that comprise NYC are required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have been granted a medical or religious exemption*. If you are granted an exemption (either temporary or permanent) you will be required to provide evidence of a negative COVID test each week unless you have also been granted an exemption from testing. Team Members who cannot provide such proof will not be allowed to enter the workplace unless they have a requested and/or been granted a religious accommodation.
Proof of vaccinations must be submitted by December 27, 2021, or by the first date of employment. If you are submitting proof of the first dose of a two-dose vaccine, the date by which you must provide proof of a second dose is no later than 45 days after submitting proof of the first dose, otherwise you will be removed from the workplace until you can do so. In accordance with State mandate, all Team Members will be required to wear a face covering at all times while at work unless granted a medical or religious exemption. Weekly negative test results must be provided each Monday beginning December 27, 2021, and on a weekly basis until further notice.
*Exemptions can be requested by clicking the “Upload Vaccine Verification” button and selecting “Yes” when asked if you are requesting an exemption. Indicate the reason (either medical or religious) and provide an explanation in the space provided.
- You will need either a laptop, desktop, mobile phone or tablet to upload your vaccine or testing verification. It is permissible for you to use a Michaels computer during your work hours to perform this task.
- Take a photo of your official Vaccine or testing verification and save to your phone or computer
- Click the “Upload Your Vaccine Verification” button to the right (If you have been granted an exemption you should click on “Update My Test Results)
- Insert your Employee ID # when requested
- Verify your last name
- Upload the image of your Vaccine verification or test result
- Verify and state the documentation is official and that you understand falsifying this document is cause for dismissal
- Sign your name and click “Submit”
Contact Team Member Services at (855) 432-MIKE (6453), Option 2, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m. Central Time if you have any questions or if you need an accommodation to perform this task.
Important Note About Your Data – Information used or collected on this site is being collected solely for the purposes of complying with the NYC vaccine ordinance. Your data is only available to company personnel and resources essential to ensure compliance with local regulations.