Welcome to the Michaels Team
Congratulations! We are delighted to have you on the Michaels team. We know you have lots of information to review, things to learn and steps to complete as you begin your career with us.
To get you started, we want to make sure choosing benefits for you and your family is as simple as possible. Using the tools we have provided makes it simple to evaluate your options and then “Design your benefits” today, and in the future.
Here are some things to consider.
- Check your Enrollment Deadline – You have 30 days from your date of hire to complete your enrollment. Use the Enrollment Deadline Calculator to check!
- Decide which Dependents you’ll cover – Most of our plans provide coverage for eligible dependents. So, if you need to cover family members you can see who is eligible.
Enrollment Deadline and Effective Date Calculator
Enrollment deadline is 30 days from Hire Date! Effective Date is First of the month FOLLOWING 30 days. Please select your hire date below.
Full-Time Team Member New Hire Checklist
Your Michaels coverage begins the first of the month after you complete 30 days of service when you enroll within 30 days of your date of hire.
- Know who’s eligible. Find out who you can cover. Your spouse/domestic partner cannot be covered by a Michaels medical plan if full-time medical coverage is available through his/her employer.
- Compare the options. Choose the right coverage for you and your family. Remember, you can always talk to ALEX.
- Add up FSA savings. You may want to take advantage of the tax-savings of one or more Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Consider life insurance. Figure out how much coverage you need to protect yourself and those you love.
- Name your beneficiaries in Workday. You can change your designation at any time.
- Consider disability coverage if you’re an hourly Team Member. It can help protect your income if you become injured or disabled. Because California, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Washington have their own state programs, Michaels Short-Term Disability is not available in those states.
- Decide if you want additional income protection. You can also elect Accident Plan and Critical Illness Insurance coverage.
- Enroll online. Log in to Workday and check your email inbox for a Benefit Change event. You have 30 days to enroll. You MUST enroll in the Michaels Choice HSA medical plan to participate in a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Questions? Contact Team Member Services at 1-855-432-MIKE (6453).